Using Ebooks for Link Building – Day 27
August 22, 2008 by Antony
Everyone wants some quality links right? Using Ebooks for link building is a fantastic and cost efficient method for obtaining this incoming links. Throughout the internet you there are guides to teach you how to write and sell your own Ebooks. This isn’t one of those guides, rather instructions on creating free ebooks and giving them away to build quality backlinks and opt-ins.
Why offer free eBooks when I could sell them?
Quite honestly that’s up to you, you can sell your eBook for a quick buck if it is well written and informative. But there is a good reason for giving away this information. By giving away high quality info you will generate links to your site or blog! Honestly! If you’ve read the previous 26 days of info you should know why backlinks are important if not here is why:
- Google LOVES backlinks and as a result your website will rank higher if you have backlinks pointing to your site.
- When you distribute a free item more people are inclined to download it.
- If someone that has downloaded your free eBook and enjoys it and benefits from it they are more likely to tell others about it via blog posts, forum posts, and typically a link to your site.
- Again, more backlinks equals higher ‘authority’ to Google. So your previous work will begin to rise with the links.
- You can display ad’s or promote products to these new visitors and build up a readership.
How to write a captivating Ebook:
- Quality versus quantity – Don’t write a bunch of rubbish so that it looks like a ‘huge’ informative eBook. Not only will readers not finish the work but they will be less likely to tell others about it. Make it short and sweet with quality material. A useless eBook won’t generate any backlinks and could turn away visitors from your site in the future.
- Host the eBook on your OWN domain. Remember you are looking for backlinks on your site, so host it on your own website. Never let your intellectual property be hosted by other parties/websites. You want to take credit for it.
- Remember to take advantage of the landscape of the eBook and include your own clickable link on each page in the footer. Remember to tell the readers to tell other readers about your eBook.
To Opt-In or Opt-Out?
Here is where it can get touchy! Do you create an opt-in list and then email them the link? That’s up to you, but here is why you might want to do such a thing.
- Monetization – By creating a list of emails you are allowing yourself to monetize in the future from the readers. By creating an eBook with a wonderful amount of useful information people will remember you name and be inclined to read your future emails. You can then create some great referral/affiliate cash by using this method
- Future Traffic to Website – By creating some great emails in the future others will be more inclined to come back to your site and read some more info. It will be kinda the reminder they need to keep your website fresh in their head.
Feel free to post any questions or comments that you have, and I’ll be glad to help.
[tags]Using ebooks link building, ebooks link building, ebooks opt-in, ebook optin, ebook link building, ebook backlink[/tags]